LGBTQ Family Building: What You Need to Know
LGBTQ couples face unique fertility circumstances that require expert and affirming care. Whether you are a lesbian couple seeking a sperm donor, a gay couple searching for an egg donor/Gestational Carrier, or a transgender prospective parent, Denver Fertility Albrecht Women's Care offers a full range of fertility services to meet LGBTQ family building goals. Dr. Bruce Albrecht and Dr. Dana Ambler offer a state-of-the-art laboratory and the latest cutting edge protocols and research. Our clinic proudly serves the LGBTQ community throughout the Denver Area.
We offer many fertility procedures so all family types, regardless of marital status or sexual orientation can have the opportunity to become parents.
What Services Do We Offer?
A few of our treatment options include:
- Ovulation induction or controlled ovarian hyperstimulation (COH)
- Artificial insemination, also known as intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Frozen embryo transfer (FET)
- Donor egg and donor sperm programs
- Gestational carrier program
Family Building for Lesbian Women
Lesbian couples most often seek our services as a means of enabling both women to participate in the family building process. Denver Fertility partners with trusted sperm banks and will help you select a donor that is right for you. You may also look at using a known sperm donor as well.
- Sperm donor insemination treatment into one or both women partners.
- IVF using the eggs of one partner, donor sperm, and the placement of the embryo into the other partner
- IVF using the eggs of one partner, donor sperm, and the placement of the embryo into a surrogate
- IVF using donor eggs, donor sperm, and the placement of the embryo into one partner
- IVF using donor eggs, donor sperm, and the placement of the embryo into a gestational carrier
- IVF using eggs from both partners and donor sperm with the embryo being implanted into one partner
- IVF using eggs from both partners and donor sperm with the embryos being implanted into both partners
Family Building for Gay Men
The most common fertility treatment for gay male couples involves assistance utilizing their own sperm, an egg donor, and a gestational carrier. As with heterosexual couples, we recommend male fertility testing to ensure that both males’ reproductive organs function properly. Fertility testing can also help ensure that a man’s sperm is a viable match for a particular woman’s egg.
At Denver Fertility Albrecht Women's Care, we have many years of experience helping couples of all sexual orientations build healthy families.
Our clinic can also aid male couples in finding a suitable female egg, either through someone they know, an egg donor agency, or a cryopreservation egg bank. Dr. Bruce Albrecht or Dr. Dana Ambler can then guide the couple through the process of using one or both of the partners’ sperm during IVF to fertilize a donor egg and create embryos. An embryo will then be implanted into the uterus of a carefully selected gestational carrier.
Family Building for Transgender Men and Women
Our fertility services can serve the needs of any member of the LGBTQ community. Transgender men and women can benefit from the procedures listed above. Most family building goals can be addressed using some combination of sperm and/or egg donors, gestational carrier, IVF, or artificial insemination. We can also cryopreserve sperm and eggs prior to any transition or hormone replacement therapies. We have many years of experience helping couples of all sexual orientations build healthy families.
Since there are LGBTQ legal and contractual issues regarding same sex parenting, Denver Fertility offers legal resources for its patients.
Schedule Your Family Building Consultation Today
Denver Fertility Albrecht Women's Care is committed to helping the LGBTQ community. To schedule your family building consultation, contact our office online or call (720) 465-5586.